FestivalForGood Workshop 5: The Adventures of our Soap-erheroes! by Soap Cycling Singapore
This workshop is organised as part of FestivalForGood 2020, Asia's largest celebration of Social Enterprises, and the social impact they created. More information on FestivalForGood can be found at www.festivalforgood.sg The virtual FestivalForGood is brought to you by raiSE, in partnership with DBS Foundation. South Beach Consortium is the virtual venue partner.
Soap Cycling Singapore’s initiative is to help children develop a greater awareness of up-cycling and importance of practising good hand-washing habits in a fight against diseases. This is an hour-long workshop catered for children.
Through this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand the importance of reducing hospitality wastage and develop a greater awareness of recycling soap
- Appreciate the benefits of using soap as well as the dangers of not practicing good hygiene habits
- Recognise that recycled soap is safe to use
- Understand the benefits of using bar soap instead of liquid soap
You can expect to:
- Learn how to recycle soap through a demonstration on how to scrape soap (Optional: you can standby your used bar soap & a scraper or a potato peeler on standby)
- Take part in an interactive quiz and a question-and-answer segment
Tickets are charged per child. Parents are welcome to join and accompany their children during the virtual session.
Once the registration is confirmed, participants will receive a confirmation email from Peatix with access to your e-ticket. You will be able to access the workshop via Peatix Mobile app or website by clicking "Join Event" on your e-ticket.
Please note that the session will only continue if we meet the minimum number of required participants.
If you would like to attend more than one workshop, please sign up for the corresponding sessions separately:
FestivalForGood Workshop 1: Asset-Based Community Development (ABCD) Virtual Primer Workshop
FestivalForGood Workshop 2: HUSH+anywhere Experience - How Can You Care More, for Yourself & Others?
FestivalForGood Workshop 3: DOUBLE ESPRESSO
FestivalForGood Workshop 4: How to make No Nasties Homemade Multipurpose Cleaner/Detergent?
FestivalForGood Workshop 6: Fake News Quiz
FestivalForGood Workshop 7: Preserved Flower Arrangement Workshop
FestivalForGood Workshop 8: Traditional Kueh Workshop
FestivalForGood Workshop 9: Pressed Flower Workshop